The Garden State Skating Club hosts several U.S. Figure Skating test sessions thoughout the year. The test structure is the backbone of U.S. Figure Skating. Passing skill tests presided over by official judges advances the skater to the next level. Skaters test in moves in the field, free skating, pairs and ice dancing. As a skater advances, the tests become more difficult. The highest achievement in each discipline is passing the senior, also called “gold” test. When a skater passes a gold test, he or she earns the designation “U.S. Figure Skating gold medalist.”
Testing Rules & Regulations
- All skaters must have a current USFS membership.
- All skaters must register prior to the deadline.
- Skaters should be available one hour before their scheduled test time.
- A permission letter from skater’s home club required on test date.
- Test fees are non refundable.